Tuesday 4 June 2013

May 15, 2013 Beijing -Walk to Tiananmen Square

May 15, 2013

Beijing -Walk to Tiananmen Square

This morning I got up early and wrote the blog section for May 13-14, 2013. I also prepared the pictures to put on the blog. I got Dorothy up and while she was getting ready, I went down to the lobby of our hotel where I could get free access to the internet to post my blog of the previous day. I hooked into the internet quickly but when I tried the link to my blog, I could not establish it. I asked the people at the desk what was wrong with the internet connection and they simply told me that the Government blocks connection to some blogs and emails.

 I have decided to continue writing the blogs on Microsoft WORD and then uploading the WORD copies and the selected photographs when I get home. With the photographs this will simplify the uploading as I can upload the photographs in high definition and not have to use the Raw Picture Converter as I have to when I include the pictures in a site that has limitations on high resolution pictures. After we had breakfast, Dorothy and I got directions from our hotel main desk, how to walk over to Tiananmen Square. After walking some distance, we thought we had walked too far, so we started to ask for directions. We got several directions and we though these directions were not so good as they were taking us away from where we wanted to go. We had to double back eventually to finally make it to Tiananmen Square. By the time we got to Tiananmen Square, Dorothy was so tired that we took a taxi back to the hotel. On the more positive side was that our walk-around took us to places that we probably would never have seen. Being the capital of China with 20 million people, Beijing is a fascinating place with so much to see. 


Decorative building on Xuanwumen Domdeje.

Beautiful garden in front of large office building on Fuxingmennei  Dajie



Con in front of very large office building on Fuxingmennei  Dajie.

Dorothy in front of a beautiful red building.



Gardens in front of entrance gate of  the Forbidden City.



Main gate to the Forbidden City.



Monument for Heros in Tiananmen Square.

Entrance gate to the Forbidden City.

Chinese Parliament Building  next to Tiananmen Square

Performing Arts Theatre near Tiananmen Square

No comments:

Post a Comment